Pool Resurfacing 101
Have you considered pool resurfacing? If your swimming pool has cracks, rough patches, stains, or peeling plaster, you may need to have it resurfaced by a professional.
Over time, swimming pools can become worn down and show visible signs of damage, which is where the pool resurfacing process comes into play.
Pool resurfacing involves removing the damaged or worn-out inner surface of your pool and replacing it with a new and updated finish.
Replacing your pool’s surface every ten years or so allows you and your family to enjoy your pool safely, comfortably, and free of distracting wear and tear.
Top Pool Resurfacing Benefits
Not only is pool resurfacing a great way to maintain your pool, but it also comes with other significant benefits you may not have considered. When you get your pool resurfaced, some of the top benefits you can expect include:
- Improving your property’s appearance: A resurfaced pool looks nice and makes everything around it look better too. A beautifully updated pool is a great way to enhance your home’s overall appearance and feel.
- Reducing safety hazards: Worn-out pools can create safety hazards. Jagged edges, cracks, and rough patches might cause cuts, scratches, and other injuries to you and your family. Replacing your pool’s surface helps keep your family safe and comfortable while enjoying a swim.
- Longevity: A new surface can extend the lifespan of your pool. It can protect the underlying structure from damage caused by leaks or erosion, helping to prevent more extensive repairs in the future.
- Increasing home value: Everyone loves to experience a beautiful pool—home buyers are no exception. Resurfacing your pool increases your home’s value and can improve your chances of getting an offer.
- Entertaining guests: Swimming pools provide the perfect spot for summer parties. If you have a pristine pool, you’ll be proud to entertain guests, and they’ll be excited to come over.
- Customization Options: During the resurfacing process, you can choose from various finishes and materials to customize the look and feel of your pool, giving it a unique appearance that suits your preferences.
– Remember, the benefits can vary based on the quality of work, materials used, and the condition of the pool before resurfacing. Regular maintenance and upkeep after resurfacing can further extend these advantages.
Signs Your Pool Needs To Be Resurfaced
Are you frustrated with your current pool experience and wondering if it’s time to resurface it? Consider these five common signs. If any of them describe your swimming pool, it might be time to hire a team of pool resurfacing experts:
1. Discolored, Stained Surfaces
If your pool has stains and discoloration that you can’t remove, it’s a good sign you need to get it resurfaced. Although an acid wash can help with minor discoloration, in many cases, you will need a complete resurfacing job.
2. Rough Spots Along the Floor
Do you notice rough patches when you walk in your pool? Your pool’s floor might get less comfortable as the surfacing ages and breaks down over time. Getting a professional resurfacing job will restore your pool, making it comfortable and beautiful again.
3. Peeling or Flaking Plaster
You should consider pool resurfacing if you notice peeling or flaking plaster. The plaster creates a comfortable surface and protects your pool’s foundation from getting damaged. Areas around the steps typically start peeling first, so check there to see if you might need resurfacing.
4. Cracked Surfaces and Structure
Unfortunately, over time pools can develop cracks in the surfaces. Besides giving your pool a poor appearance, these cracks can lead to leaks and other significant problems. Damages may also appear on the pool’s structure itself, in which case you should contact a pool specialist ASAP for a closer inspection.
5. Outdated & Unattractive Design
Appearances really do matter. You should consider remodeling your pool if you’ve grown tired of outdated colors and textures or dislike the overall design. Pool remodeling experts can turn your old, unattractive pool into the backyard oasis you’ve always dreamed about.
The Best Time of Year to Resurface Your Pool and How Often
If you’re considering resurfacing your swimming pool, you might have a couple of questions:
- When’s the best time of year to do a resurfacing project?
- How often should pool resurfacing be done?
At Sun State Pools, we recommend completing a resurfacing job during the months that you won’t be using your pool. Typically, it would be best to get this done before peak pool seasons like summer to ensure your pool is in the best shape possible before you start scheduling cookouts and pool parties.
How often you should get your pool resurfaced depends on several factors. These include:
- Quality of your pool material – Low-quality material will need replacing much sooner than high-quality material.
- Installation method – Proper installation will help your pool last longer and require resurfacing less often.
- Chemical levels – Pool finishes last longer with professional water chemistry maintenance and care.
- Surface type – For example, plaster can last 5–15 years, while exposed pebble lasts more than 15.
If you have questions about the resurfacing process, speak with an expert pool company that can guarantee quality advice and expert servicing.
Contact the Best Pool Company in Phoenix, AZ, Today
Want to make the most out of your pool this summer?
Sun State Pools offers the highest quality pool resurfacing in Phoenix, AZ. Our expert pool technicians have time-tested methods that guarantee the job gets done right every time. Call today at (602) 584-7867 for a free quote!